“Crypid Walk-On Role Contest” Official Rules (the “Sweepstakes”)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to persons who are a legal resident of one (1) of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia and at least eighteen (18)
years of age or older and the age of majority in their state of primary residence at the time of entry (the “Entrant”). The Entrant who is selected as the grand prize winner (the “Grand Prize Winner”) must have a unique, personal
and valid social security number for Sponsor (defined below) to report the tax liability associated with acceptance of the Grand Prize (as described in the “PRIZES” section below). Valid social security numbers will be determined
by Internal Revenue Service (“IRS”) requirements as further defined in the “Prize Claims” section of these Official Rules. Grand Prize Winner will need to pass a background check or any other clearances deemed necessary by
the Sponsor prior to awarding the prize. In the event that the Grand Prize Winner does not meet the background/clearance requirements set forth by the Sponsor, the Grand Prize Winner will be deemed ineligible and the Grand
Prize will be forfeited. Officers, directors, managers and employees of Cryptid LLC, and each of its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and related companies, dealers, advertising and promotion agencies, consultants
and agents (the “Contest Entities”), as well as the “Immediate Family” (including parents, step-parents, legal guardians, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses) and “Household Members” (defined as people
who share the same residence for at least three (3) months per year) of each such person and any others engaged in the development, production, execution or distribution of this Sweepstakes, including Crowd9 PTY LTD. (the “Independent
Administrator”), are not eligible to participate. Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Sweepstakes is void in Puerto Rico, outside the fifty (50) United States and the
2. SWEEPSTAKES DATES: The Sweepstakes begins on September 23, 2017 at 12:00:00 PM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on November 23,2017 at 11:59:59 AM ET (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Entries received prior to or after the Sweepstakes Period will be disqualified. The use of any agencies or automated software to enter will void all entries submitted by that Entrant.
3. SPONSOR: Cryptid LLC located in
4. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and Sponsor and Independent Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to this Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein in a timely manner.
5. HOW TO PARTICIPATE: Entrants can enter through a variety of methods, outlined by the actions from the Independent Administrator. Each method is weighted differently and are worth a certain value of entries against the total number.
Any attempt by any Entrant to enter more than one (1) Entry by using multiple/different addresses, identities, logins and/or any other methods will void that Entrant’s Entry, and that Entrant will be disqualified from the Sweepstakes. Sponsor has no obligation to acknowledge receipt of or to return any Entries received.
Should any Entry violate these restrictions, such Entry will be disqualified and will not be eligible to win.
All Entries must be submitted no later than 11:59:59 AM ET on November 23, 2017. Any Entry submitted after 11:59:59 AM ET on November 23, 2017 or via any other method than that above will not be eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. Once the Entry has been completed, it is final and may not be modified or edited by the Entrant.
Entries (a) containing general obscene, lewd, crude, vulgar, profane, defamatory or inappropriate text, including acts of violence or acts that appear to cause harm; (b) containing other offensive content and/or any content expressing explicit, graphic or excessive indecent content that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable, or offensive, and/or (c) containing and displaying third-party brands prominently and intentionally, or any materials that violate or infringe (or may infringe) any copyright (including, without limitation, artistic work), trademark, logo, or other mark that identifies a brand, entity or other proprietary right of any person living or deceased (except those provided by the Sponsor), including but not limited to rights of privacy or publicity or portrayal in a false light or (d) otherwise violate these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, shall be disqualified from the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify an Entry with offensive content or material that it feels is inappropriate in any way. Late Entries or Entries sent via any other method than those stated above will not be accepted.
6. ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS: Entries not meeting the requirements as set forth in these Official Rules or that contain prohibited, inappropriate, or irrelevant content, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will not be eligible and will be disqualified.
The Sponsor is not responsible for any Entry that is lost, late, misdirected or undeliverable, whether due to system errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation or transmissions or any other reason, theft or destruction or failures, faulty transmissions or other telecommunication malfunctions, Entries not received resulting from any hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete or garbled computer or telephone transmissions, typographical or system errors and failures, technical malfunctions, or otherwise.
Entries must be truthful in all respects. Entrants further agree and warrant that he/she shall not submit any Entry that is known by the Entrant to (a) be false, inaccurate, or misleading; (b) that infringes on any third party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy; (c) that violates any law, statute, ordinance, or regulation (including, but not limited to, those governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination, or false advertising); and (d) that is or may reasonably be considered defamatory, libellous, hateful, racially or religiously biased or offensive, unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing to any individual, partnership, or corporation.
7. RIGHTS: By submitting an Entry, Entrant grants Sponsor and its affiliated companies worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, unconditional, and fully paid-up rights and ownership to use and to grant the right to third parties to, reproduce, copy, publish, publicly perform, display, broadcast, translate, adapt, modify, exploit, or transmit the Entry, in whole or in part, worldwide in any and all forms of media, whether now known or hereafter devised, and to distribute (directly or indirectly through multiple tiers) the Entry to Sponsor’s affiliates, its marketing agencies, and to third parties for these purposes without any additional compensation. Sponsor shall have the right to use Entrant’s image, likeness, name, location and social media handles in connection with the exploitation of the rights granted hereunder.
8. WINNING/ODDS: There will be one (1) random drawing held on or about November 30, 2017. For the drawing, one (1) grand prize winner (the “Grand Prize Winner”) will be selected from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Odds of being selected as a prize winner will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The random drawing will be conducted under the supervision of the Independent Administrator whose decisions are based upon their sole discretion and interpretation of these Official Rules and are final and binding in all respects.
9. NOTIFICATIONS/CLAIMS: On or about December 1, 2017, potential prize winners will be notified by phone or email (the “Notification”). Except where prohibited, each potential prize winner must sign and return, within two (2) days from the date of the Notification, an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability/Publicity Release, a Travel Waiver and an IRS W-9 Form (collectively, the “Paperwork”) along with any other required documents at the request of the Independent Administrator. If the potential prize winner is unable to provide the Paperwork within the time and date indicated, then that prize winner forfeits their right to the prize.
Each prize winner will be required to complete a background check as a condition of potentially winning the Grand Prize. It will be at the sole discretion of the Sponsor and Independent Administrator to determine the verification process of the background check and any clearances to be conducted. A First Prize Winner will be notified in the event the potential Grand Prize Winner is disqualified.
All prize winners must complete the Paperwork and will have a background check performed as a condition of potentially winning the Grand Prize, for in the event that the original Grand Prize Winner is disqualified from the Sweepstakes for any reason, the next in the random drawing will become the potential Grand Prize Winner. The potential Grand Prize Winner will not be the confirmed Grand Prize Winner until verification of the background check and all clearances have been conducted. This will continue until the Grand Prize Winner is confirmed.
The value associated with the Grand Prize is taxable as income and the Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for any taxes, including, but not limited to all applicable federal, state and local taxes that become due with respect to the value of the respective Grand Prize. The Sponsor, or a third party acting on its behalf, must report the value of the Grand Prize to the Internal Revenue Service in the year the Grand Prize is received by the Grand Prize Winner and will be reported to the Grand Prize Winner and the Internal Revenue Service in the form of a Form 1099.
Grand Prize: One (1) grand prize of a trip for one (1) to the set of “Cryptid” in a TBD location (“Set”), most likely but not limited to New York or Western Massachusetts. (the “Grand Prize”) will be awarded to the Grand Prize Winner. The Grand Prize is inclusive of: i) roundtrip coach class airfare for Grand Prize Winner from a major airport closest to the Grand Prize Winner’s residence to a major airport to the Set, ii) Three (3) days and two (2) nights standard hotel accommodations (hotel to be determined at the sole discretion of the Sponsor), iii) ground transportation to and from the airport and hotel, v) ground transportation to and from the hotel and Set, and v) the opportunity for a walk-on role in the feature Cryptid. Total approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $2,050. Sponsor does not make any guarantee of on-screen time for the Grand Prize Winner as a walk-on role in Cryptid.
Grand Prize Winner must travel be available to travel on or about May 4, 2017 to June 25, 2017; however, dates are subject to final determine by the Sponsor. If Grand Prize Winner is unable to travel during the dates provided by the Sponsor, Grand Prize Winner will forfeit their right to the Grand Prize. Grand Prize is subject to availability and blackout dates. All travel must be roundtrip. Sponsor is not responsible for airline cancellations or delays. Sponsor is not responsible for cancellations or delays related to the Grand Prize. If the Grand Prize is cancelled or delayed, the Grand Prize will not be rebooked, transferred or sold. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the Grand Prize description above, including but not limited to, passenger tariffs or duties, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, food and beverage, security fees, telephone calls, and tours and purchases made at the Specialty Shops and any other expenses or incidentals are the responsibility solely of the Grand Prize Winner. Any taxes imposed on the income of the Grand Prize Winner as a result of winning the Grand Prize and all other expenses not specifically mentioned herein as part of the Grand Prize are solely the responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. Grand Prize Winner and guest must possess required travel documents (e.g. valid government-issued photo I.D. and/or passports) prior to departure.. Any difference between the stated Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) and the actual value will not be awarded.
In the event of an unforeseen circumstance beyond the Sponsor’s control (a force majeure event; such as, evacuation of set/studio for emergency purposes or unsafe Weather Conditions) as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, the taping of the walk-on role will be postponed and rescheduled for a date/dates of the Sponsor’s sole choosing or Sponsor may take any other action it deems appropriate, fair and consistent with these Official Contest Rules so as to award the Grand Prize.
Prize Restrictions: There is a limit of one (1) prize per person/household. Total ARV of all prizes to be awarded is $2,050. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the advertised prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to change and determine all details of each prize at the time of awarding the prize. Each prize winner is responsible for all taxes associated with the prize. Prize cannot be transferred or sold. Should a prize winner sell or attempt to sell its prize, the prize winner will be disqualified. Each prize is awarded “as is” and without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
12. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes the prize winner’s consent to the Sponsor’s use of prize winner’s name, likeness, voice, opinions, biographical information, and state of residence for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration.
13. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) cancel the Sweepstakes and award the prizes from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment based upon the “Winning” section of these Official Rules. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. In the event the, for whatever reason, the film Cryptid is not filmed, the Sponsor reserves the right to make the Sweepstakes null and void without compensating the Grand Prize Winner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an Entry, the Entry will be deemed ineligible and will be disqualified from the Sweepstakes.
14. RELEASE AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANTS AGREE TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS THE SPONSOR, THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO: (a) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN THE COMPETITION; (b) TECHNICAL ERRORS RELATED TO COMPUTERS, SERVERS, PROVIDERS, OR TELEPHONE OR NETWORK LINES; (c) PRINTING ERRORS; (d) LOST, LATE, POSTAGE-DUE, MISDIRECTED, OR UNDERLIVERABLE MAIL; (e) ERRORS IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES; OR (f) INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY WHICH MAY BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM ENTRANTS PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR RECEIPT OF ANY PRIZE. ENTRANT FURTHER AGREES THAT IN ANY CAUSE OF ACTION, THE RELEASED PARTIES’ LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE COST OF ENTERING AND PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ATTORNEY’S FEES. ENTRANT WAIVES THE RIGHT TO CLAIM ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PUNITIVE, CONSEQUENTIAL, DIRECT, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES.
15. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, Entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved
individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of
16. OFFICIAL RULES AND WINNER LIST: A copy of these Official Rules and the name of the prize winners will be posted at www.cryptidmovie.com for up to ninety (90) days after November.